Home Community Page 172

Community

Chamber of Commerce Concerts: Attracted to the Music

Vacationers in Sag Harbor who come in August get to enjoy something those who come any other time of the year do not: free...

County Interested in Gateway Properties

By Catherine McNamara   This past Friday, August 1, the Sag Harbor Citizens Advisory Committee gathered in the library of Pierson High School to discuss the...

House Tour Benefits Church Outreach

By Catherine McNamara For those who enjoy touring residences of the East End, the Saint Ann’s 40th  Annual House and Garden Tour will showcase some...

Obituaries July 31

Joan P. Wing Joan P. Wing, a resident of Sag Harbor for 28 years, died suddenly at Southampton Hospital on July 11 from a massive...

Adjusting In Their New Digs

John and Mary Gangemi are in the adjustment business and currently they’re adjusting to their new quarters on the corner of Rector and Division...

Iconic Cinema Is For Sale

Independent film aficionados eager to catch the newest flick at the iconic art-house move theatre, Sag Harbor Cinema, may have been surprised this week...

Gateway Study Gains Traction

Members of the Sag Harbor Citizens Advisory Committee filled the boardroom at Southampton Town hall last Friday to see a presentation on their baby,...

Preventing Hurricane Amnesia

Southampton Town Councilwoman Nancy Graboski said on Friday that we have no control over hurricanes, however we do have control over how we prepare...

Nathaniel Rogers House: Optimism for Diamond in the Rough

“Excited” would be too weak a term to describe the sentiments of Bridgehampton Historical Society President Gerrit Vreeland as he stood before a small...

Circulation Figures Show Some Growth

Historically, during tough economic times, public library circulation numbers increase as people return to their libraries as a primary source of information – whether...

Noyac Residents See Limits in Justice

Noyac residents during a citizens advisory committee meeting Tuesday night got a lesson on what the Southampton Town justice system can and cannot do. Town...

Exhibit Explores Trout Pond

They started with watercolors by Annie Cooper Boyd showing a rustic red mill, a barn and a bucolic view of Noyac Road that wouldn’t...

Helicopter Noise Bill Would Set 1500-ft Limit

http://www.youtube.com/v/hlf-y75zfJU&hl=en&fs=1 By Karl Grossman Suffolk Legislator Edward P. Romaine has drafted a bill under which Suffolk County would establish a minimum altitude at which helicopters could...

Stepping Back on Shelter Island

by Catherine McNamarra Fans of classic East End houses will have the opportunity to take a peek at several restored homes this weekend. On Saturday,...

Soldiers Ride For Jordan

For Chris Carney, the personal trainer who made the inaugural Soldier Ride trek cross country in 2004, dedicating this year’s Empire State Challenge to...

Latest Articles

A Conversation with Kasia Klimiuk

The co-founder of Our Fabulous Variety Show talks about the evolution of the arts nonprofit, which will host a Leap Year fundraiser on Saturday, February 29, from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at The Stephen Talkhouse in Amagansett, how drag culture has come to the forefront on the South Fork and what the future holds for OFVS.

Home: Never Wanting to Leave Sag Harbor

I often wonder why it is that I’m forever teeter-tottering between wanting to travel the world and never wanting to leave home? My husband, man of few words, reminds me that it is because our ‘home’, Sag Harbor, is one of the most beautiful places in the world. One minute I’m at the top-ready to fly off to foreign lands; while the next minute, I don’t want to budge from under my electric throw blanket. However, after speaking with the Schiavonis, I realize I’m not the only one that feels that way.

Tommy John Schiavoni Endorsed By East End Supervisors For State Senate Bid

Southampton Town Board member and State Senate hopeful Tommy John Schiavoni announced this week that he has received three key endorsements in his bid to seek the Democratic nomination for the 1st District Senate seat.